Are you ready to be bold?
Start your career at BlackBerry
The most creative minds always ask questions. We welcome the chance to give you the answers you need.
There are many career paths you can take at BlackBerry, so we understand you may have questions as you consider your options. Below are some of the general questions we're often asked. Some of your inquiries may be included here, but if not, you can always contact us and we'll promptly respond.
Applying for a job BlackBerry is easy. The first step toward starting your career at BlackBerry is to use our Online Career Center to search for career opportunities globally. Just follows these steps:
- Visit us at www.BlackBerry.com/careers and click on "View Available Careers" link on the Careers home page. You will be directed to a page where you are asked to select the geographic location you would like to search for jobs in (e.g. Ontario).
- Use the keyword search or the search criteria to locate roles that maybe be of interest including searching by jobs based on City, Keyword, Reference Code or Category.
- Once you have found a job that you are interested in applying for, click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be asked to create a Career Profile. (NOTE: This step is required in order to apply for jobs at BlackBerry) By creating a profile, your profile and CV will be saved in our secure database, which is regularly searched by BlackBerry recruiters. You will also save having to fill out an application form each time you want to apply for a new job.
- Answer the job specific screening questions, where applicable. Once your Career Profile is created, simply follow the instructions to submit your resume for the position in which you are interested.
- Release to your profile to be considered by our recruiters for other roles that may become available matching your skills and qualifications.
If you want to register or if you've already created an account, log in here.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to register by specifying a username and password. You can login at any time to update your profile information and create and maintain job alerts. Once you enter information in your profile, you will not need to enter the same information again if you apply for multiple jobs.
A profile is saved summary of your information that provides several benefits. First, once you enter your information, you will not have to re-enter it to apply in the future. If you choose to make your profile searchable, our global network of recruiters can find you. You can also create a job alert that will notify you by email as soon as a job matches your interests, save favorite job searches or set preferences for your job search.
You can log in and change your profile information anytime. However, changes to your profile will not affect the information on previously submitted applications.
By releasing your profile, our global network of recruiters will be able to review your profile and contact you as soon as opportunities matching your skills and credential become available. A locked profile still provides you with the ability to apply to positions, but only the recruiter responsible for the position to which you apply will be able to see your application and consider you for the role to which you have applied.
Students & New Grad Inquiries
All of our job opportunities are posted online (view career opportunities for students). Some schools may require you to apply through your co-op/internship office in addition to the BlackBerry website. Please check to ensure you're following your school’s process.
Co-op/internship opportunities are posted during September, January and May. Check back often to view new opportunities or to set up your profile to receive notifications when a job matching your skills and interests becomes available.
BlackBerry offers student positions in all of our Canadian locations, including Waterloo, Mississauga, Halifax and Ottawa. Student positions are also available in the United States in Redwood City, CA, Issaquah (Seattle), WA, and Irving (Dallas), TX.
Though we prefer to hire candidates through a registered co-op/internship program, we’ll consider students not registered in formal programs. However, you must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of your term with BlackBerry.
We've developed an online application system to upload your profile and Word-based resume. Our system will allow you to update your profile and resume as your skills and qualifications change, as well as notify you of positions that become available and match your interests.
Does BlackBerry help students relocate if they’re hired, or must students take care of this themselves?
BlackBerry will provide relocation assistance to those students who are required to relocate outside of the state/province of their school for a work term with BlackBerry.
The BCSC (BlackBerry Co-op Social Committee) seeks to promote social balance and interaction among the large number of students employed at BlackBerry every work term. This initiative creates a fun and exciting atmosphere, both inside and outside of work. All students working at BlackBerry are encouraged to take part. Additionally, BlackBerry offers multiple events/sports teams for employees to join and the opportunity to take part in community events such as Dragon Boat Races.